Monday, May 4, 2009

Golden Pear Pincushion

I have been doing a lot of prep work on some miscellaneous projects and will post photos once there is something worthwhile to look at. I decided to take a short break from all the tedious work and made this pincushion.


It is called 'Golden Pear Pincushion' and is from the book 'Simply Vintage by Blackbird Designs'. I enlarged the pattern (my version is about 7" tall). I also weighted the bottom to keep it from tipping over and I used some yummy hand dyed wool that I bought from the 'Little Lamb Quilt Shop'.


This Pear Makedo Pincushion is a store bought version that I have. I keep it on my desk and it comes in quite handy.

This last photo is my version of 'rag balls'. If you are looking for a quick project, these work up really fast. I cut up some strips of fabric, tied them into longer pieces and simply wrapped them around styrofoam balls. Until next time. Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Your pear pincushion is a hit! I need one of those. I do think that I have the book. I like that you did a larger version. I have a pin cushion collection so this would be something I would like to do. Unless you want to send me one for Christmas. I am on your list, aren't i? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pear is absolutely wonderful! The perfect fabrics and oh...that stem! Fantastic eye candy today...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your treasures would fit into my home quite nicely, Suzanne. I love them all, especially the pear pincushion...because, you can never have too many pincushions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pincushion. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top